The Lord’s Prayer (Matthew 6:9-13) comes to us as our greatest example of prayer. It is tempting to say it from memory, to speak the words by rote without ever truly delving into them. We need to dig deep into the words Jesus gave us, and make them our own. In this series of messages, let us explore the depths of these simple phrases, so that, from “Our Father” to “Amen,” the Lord’s Prayer becomes our prayer.
- Our Father in heaven,
- Hallowed be Your name.
- Your kingdom come.
- Your will be done On earth as it is in heaven.
- Give us this day our daily bread.
- And forgive us our debts, As we forgive our debtors.
- And do not lead us into temptation, But deliver us from the evil one.
- For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever.
Amen, and Amen.